ColdSPOT cold therapy packs are specifically designed for effective cold therapy treatment after core needle biopsies.
Applied over gauze, ColdSPOT stays in place over the biopsy site via two adhesive side tabs – no hands or wraps needed.
The slim design, flexible gel, and low profile of ColdSPOTs make it very convenient for patients to resume regular activities and use cold treatment at the same time, unlike bulky ice or chem-packs.
Benefits with the routine use of cold therapy post-biopsy include:
- Reduce bruising and bleeding
- Improve patient comfort by reducing the pain associated with swelling
- Accelerate healing time by reducing swelling
- Reduce risk of hematoma formation
- Minimize delays before starting chemotherapy or radiation therapy following lumpectomy